Thursday, March 13, 2008

Prayers for Koda

I'm just asking for prayers for Koda. He got into my clonazepam and ate at least 40 pills. They're very sweet tasting. I had even made sure I put them where he couldn't get them (reminds me of Kristie when she was little!) but he opened the cupboard, it looks like he easily got the childproof cap and I'm guessing he ate 40 to 60 pills. I called poison control and she just said there's nothing she could tell me except he's going to die. She was kind of rude. He staggers when he walks. I induced vomitting with vinegar which is really wierd because you're supposed to use sodium peroxide (I'm having a hard time remembering words but it's something peroxide, comes in a brown bottle). But it worked. The problem is those are sub-Q meds and absorb quickly into your system. So I'm sitting on the patio (it's a gorgeous day) so if he throws up more it's not on my carpet. I actually was smart enough to put him out on the patio before I induced the vomitting. But I want to carefully monitor his breathing, heart rate and color. I called the Vet and he said I'm doing all they would do. He'd never heard of inducing vomitting with vinegar but since it worked that's great. He said if his heart rate falls below 60 to bring him in right away. So far it's staying well above 60. I just took him out to go potty and the poor dog fell twice. So I'm asking everyone to pray for him. I can't afford to take him to the Vet and he just can't die because I'm too attached to him. Thanks!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

He's quite the trouble maker! How long before you know he's in the clear? We'll keep him (and you) in our prayers!

Sheralan said...

Well, prayers must have worked. Koda was at my house today and was as annoying as ever. . .never leaving me alone and drooling all over me and my furniture. :-) I think it is safe to say he is in the clear. I have to say it is quite amazing that he even survived, and not just survived, but bounced back rather quickly.

Angel said...

As Sheralan said, Koda's alive and drooling. He particularly likes to slime Sheralan and her new couches. Thanks for all your prayers. I've never had a puppy get into as much trouble as he does! YIKES!