Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More tooth trouble.

Yesterday, Conner had 6 teeth pulled. They were all baby teeth, but they didn't look like it. They were huge! I'll try to put a pic up when I get home. The dentist said he'd never seen such long roots on baby teeth before and explained that's why Conner's teeth weren't falling out on their own, they are just too darn anchored.

Poor little guy had to sit through all those painful shots in the mouth. I know they hurt like heck, but he did so amazing! The doc said he was better than most soldiers they get in there. I was so proud of him (plus the dentist charged me less than he should have just because Conner was so abnormally good). They had people in the room prepared to hold Conner down, but they eventually left the room, Conner never moved, never even made much sound, and never complained. I really saw that he is turning from a little boy into a wonderful young man yesterday.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

High five him for me. This might be a good time for him to try all those new assortments of ice creams out there (I'm assuming a soft food diet for a day or two?) He comes from pretty tough stock (at least on his mom's side:-) (Just joking Steve, you've got to be tough to put up with Sheralan!!)

Sheralan said...

He had a Frosty and a shake, then went right on to eating regular food, just very carefully. His mouth and his jaw are still tender, but he's fine.

And yes, Steve has to be tough to put up with me. . .Tough, deaf, sometimes blind, and sometimes being mute doesn't hurt either. ;-)

Angel said...

Tom said he tried to put a comment on here but it didn't go thru. He wants to see those braces too.