Here is Steve's new toy. . .The Mean Machine! It is huge!!! Just keep in mind that Steve is 6'2" and that truck dwarfs him!On a different note, notice their shirts? Aren't they neat. Instead of having to wear their shirts and the heavy ACU top, they have these new, lightweight shirts to wear. Helps keep them cool. I guess they got those shirts just in time.
That was a long day for Steve and the rest of the guys on the truck. But there Steve is, looking at the mess they're in and smirking, still finding the humor in it all.
16 comments:
Now I'm sure that can't be blamed on a woman driver or a Texan! It looks like the type of mess I could get myself into though. I think the question on all our minds is...is therer air conditioning?
LOL Kristie!! Going back some Steve's from OK which is close to TX!! This mess looks similar to one Scott got into. Which one of you was with him? I'm glad they got new shirts that are cooler!! Looks like a mess anyone in our family could get into!! ;-)
Love it, they are so hansome in those new shirts.. Just like a man to break their toys
There is A/C in the truck, really great A/C from what Steve says. And yes, they do look handsome, well, Steve does anyway. And mom, I don't know if the time with Scott you're refering to is when he got his Ford Ranger stuck in mud up to the wheel wells, but I was with him, I was the ONLY girl in the truck (I know Jay was there too, I think that was it) and guess who had to get out and get into the mud to manually lock the wheels into 4 wheel drive. . .Yup, it was me. Their very pathetic excuse was that I was lighter than them, so I wouldn't sink as far into the mud as they would.
I looked in Walmart today for some groovy shirts like those, they must only sell them in the Walmarts out there (har har)
Yes, Sheralan, that's the time I was talking about!! I'd never heard about them making you get out to lock the truck into 4 wheel drive ... what gentlemen!!!!
Kristie ~ I don't know if they sell those shirts in our WalMarts either. Sheralan ~ are they just military issue?
Mom, yes those shirts are military issue, and Kristie knew that, she was just being funny, hence the (har har) she wrote.
Oh My Gosh!! I'm hopeless!! I'm blushing!!!!!!!
Oh My Gosh!! I'm hopeless!! I'm blushing!!!!!!!
This may be so low on the comments that it doesn't get read, and maybe that's for the best, but I have to come clean (or dirty- however you look at it). In Woodland Park there was a little pond in the middle of town where every summer there was quite the celebration. They dug out a huge ditch in the parking lot and filled it with water for a rope pulling contest. One year, at night I decided to see if I could drive through it (something in my head said I couldn't - I should have listened) Anyway my little dodge colt stopped dead right in the middle. I was alone, so it wasn't like I was trying to impress anyone... I called Jeff Bone and his big red truck pulled me out. Too bad Steve didn't have a big(ger) red truck around to pull him out:-)
Ha, Kristie, you only wish it wouldn't get read. Yeah, that is not the smartest thing you've ever done. . .of course, it's probably not the dumbest either. :-) I guess a wrecker came to get Steve out and couldn't then two humvees came and they had the two humvees and the wrecker hooked up to it and finally got it out.
Did you ever see the movie IQ? It reminds me of when the old guys kept throwing something in the tree to get the last thing they threw up out, and eventually everything was stuck! Makes me laugh!
I just noticed all the guys have their right hand on their hips, is that some special tactical training? (again - har har)
Okay Kristie ~ You're grounded!!
:-) It's fun to learn of these things NOW instead of THEN!! (Or maybe I did know but don't remember!) (I'm rolling my eyes .. can't figure out how to get the little rolling eyes face thingy on here!) I can't believe how many vehicles it took to get Steve out!! I'll bet he won't live that one down!! Can I send him his mail now? Thanks Kristie and Sheralan for starting my day out laughing!! Love You!!!!!
It wasn't Steve who drove it into the mud, so he has no "living it down" to do, thank goodness. Yes, you can send mail again.
Oh rats!! I was hoping to get some mileage out of that!! (Pardon the pun!) I went to the PO to mail his and Scotts package and just missed getting there on time. :-( I'll get them mailed Monday.
Post a Comment