Sunday, June 29, 2008

Marrott Update

If you look really, really hard, you can see the humvee down at the bottom, just left of the little peak that Steve is sitting by. That's where he started hiking from. Now I can see why he's lost 25 lbs!
This is just one of their many mascots. Polly, I think. Cute, huh?
Here is Steve and another mascot, Lucian, a red wolf cub they saved. This is also the front porch and chair that Steve built outside his connex. He's so handy!
Cori and me at her 5th grade graduation.
Silly girl.
Here she is in her new middle school, learning about lockers. She just looks older now. Middle School. Scary. Oh, isn't her hair cut adorable?!
Conner played in a huge soccer tournament in Nashville, but I forgot to take any pictures. . .so here's this instead. :-D His team lost and there wasn't much to say, but we did have a blast in Nashville. We even went to see Kung-Fu Panda at the Imax. Very fun.

Lastly, Steve said you might want to hold off on sending him packages for a while because they might be relocated and he doesn't want the packages getting lost in the chaotic mail system over there. So unless you have a letter or package ready to mail by about this Thursday, I'd say just hold onto it for a little while and he'll let me know when it is a good idea to send more. He's loved all the packages so far and knows that is an effort and a cost to do all this and he appreciates it so much! He is so thrilled when mail comes for him.
Well, that's about it. I'll try to be better about staying up on this blog.
~Sheralan

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Thanks so much for sharing Steve with us! We pray for him (and Scott) every night and so he's on our minds quite a bit. It looks like he's starting a petting zoo! Is it cold there?

Family said...

I have a funny story to tell you! Do you remember Conners teacher Mrs. Deitrich? She is my sister in law! You are gorgeous! We have got to get together sometime. Love Chelsea

Angel said...

Sheralan ~ I needed a magnifying glass to see the humvee!! Maybe I need to go to Afghanistan to lose weight. Except I have a real aversion to being shot at!!! The hedgehog is so cute!! And I'm impressed with Steve's carpentry skills .. I'm sure supplies were limited. Thanks for all the pics!!
I love you!!

Angel said...

Chelsea ~ I'm embarrassed because I was going to write on here about Mrs. Dietrich (who Conner just adores!!!!). She came over and sat down beside me before Church last Sunday and handed me a pic and asked if I recognized anyone in it. I didn't. Then she said, "This is Chelsea (used to be Kirkham) and this is my brother and these are their children." Wow!!!!! What a small world!! We've GOT to find a time to all get together someday, hopefully before too long. When's Kathy coming to visit? I'd LOVE to see her too!! ~ Angel

Sheralan said...

Chelsea- I can't believe Mrs Deitrich is your sister in law. Conner adored her. When Mom told me there was a lady at church who said she was Conner's teacher and missed him in church, I said, "Oh it has to be his reading teacher, becuase his regular teacher would think God was punishing her if she had to put up with him in church too." :-D Of course, it was. He just got along great with Mrs. Deitrich, and she seemed to enjoy him too. We do need to get together sometime.

Sheralan said...

Kristie, no it is not cold there now. It is hot. I think Steve said it was 119 degrees the other day. The soldiers are really bummed about possibly having to leave all the animals behind if they get transfered, especially Lucian and Sandy.

Angel said...

Oh!!! I hope they can find a way to take Lucian and Sandy!!! Tears will fall!!! Those tough soldiers are such softies!!