Ok, so Mom spilt the beans about me and a possible new boyfriend. I guess it is time to come out in the open and let the family know ........ the situation. Yes I have met a very nice man. I first "met" him on the internet, he is a cousin of one of my friends. Ok, I'll stop referring to him as "him" and give you all a name. His name is Robert Toner. I offically met Rob (meaning face to face) on the 9th of...yes, this month. Now let me answer some FAQ's:
Is he LDS? No, but he is willing to give the church a shot, he is very open minded about the LDS faith.
How old is he? He is 35, yes aren't you all proud...he is only a year and a half years younger than me. :-)
Anything intresting I should know? YES.... His birthday is May 6th (Devan's is May 12th), and they have the same Chineese "thingy" sign...they are both Ox's. He totally believes that Devan has something to so with us meeting and he wished that he could have met Devan, he feels as if he has had something taken away by not being able to meet her. Exactly my thoughts!!
Has he ever been married? No, nor does he have any children and he knows I can no longer have children and for him, keeping me is more important than having a biological child.
Do the kids like him? The kids love him. This in and of itself is a huge sign to me!
Is it serious? I want to say no, that I don't like him.....but yes it is. We are planning to have just a little ceramony and nothinng big, not yet. When? Maybe as soon as June 28th, but nothing is set in stone. I still have to talk to the bishop.
Well, I have to go...but I will update later!
Love ya all!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good job Becky, you coverd most of the questions, we're all still wanting to see the mug shot!
Becky ~ LOL ~ You say ~ Is it serious? Then "I want to say no" but we're planning a little ceremony on the 28th.... maybe you should just let everyone know it's a little (wedding) ceremony you're planning!! Now, we'll all wait for a pic. I trust Bishop Hawken to tell you if he things it's not a good idea!!! Wish I could afford to be there!!!!
Oops, typo! if he thinks it's not a good idea!!!
Ok, I talked to Bishop Hawken and he is pretty excited for us. However, there has been a lot of issues with a certain member of his family and her wanting me to take her son, which is a very difficult boy to take care for. I have been in an emotional rut becaues as much as I want to help out with him, I feel strongly that I need to care for my own children first. This has been eating me away and I been feeling guilty.... Anyway, I am still working on some fears and I have asked Rob to wait. I want him to have a greater understanding of the church and the principles I chose to live my life by. He is starting Missionary lessons this week and will go to church with us on Sunday.
I will keep everyone posted on the "situation" :-)
Love and miss you all!!
That sounds great, love you too Becky
Ok Becky...we need updates! Tom just told me you guys were waiting a while?
Yes, I have some issues....I know, surprising, isn't it? I am doing fairly well arguing with myself, though. I am thinking that IF we get married, it will be Aug. 8, 2008. Why?....you may ask... because then it will be on 08-08-08.. :-) It is the little things that make me happy! I will try and get a pic up of us...I just hate cameras right now...but I will do this for the sake of my wonderful, loving, and caring family...(anyone sick yet?)
Ok, I'll post as soon as anything changes or is known for sure! Love and miss all you guys!!!
I'm soooo excited that Rob's willing to take the Missionary discussions and will be praying for him to feel the truthfulness of it!! Since I've talked to you on the phone re the issues you have with the son of one of Rob's relatives and it's not an easy thing to deal with since it's obvious no one cares about him except you!! I feel so sorry for him, I know how awful it feels to have parents who don't love you ... No child should ever have to experience that. Have you talked to DSS? or maybe you could ask your Bishop for advice. I know you have a fantastic Bishop now that you've moved again. It's a tough one but remember to take care of yourself first. (As Kent used to say, you can't pour water from an empty pitcher!) Can't wait to see the pic!!
Post a Comment