Friday, September 19, 2008

Passing of Kent

Becky just called and informed me that Kent passed away this morning. I use a few of his quotes from time to time in church, and love telling stories about him. He's a great guy. I bet Derek is glad to have his dad by his side. It's going to be harder on the rest of the kids, Melanie was always a daddy's girl! Delaine is in our hearts and prayers as well as the kids, and Kent's parents, we are glad to have known them.

1 comment:

Angel said...

My heart is so sad re Kent!! We've talked on the phone so many times recently and all we did was make jokes about his impending death. We'd talk for over an hr. I think he just needed someone he good laugh and joke with and he couldn't with Delaine. I'd hang up and cry. I wish I could've afforded to get out to CO to see him before he died and wish I could afford to go to the funeral. I loved his entire family, I still do. I'm going to call Delaine soon, but I'm waiting to hear from Becky re when the funeral is. My heart is so heavy!! I just lost one of the very best friends I've ever had or ever will have!! I'm sure he and Derrick are having a glorious reunion! His poor parents, too. This is the 2nd child they've lost and a grandson. So much grief. So much joy when I see him again. And I'll bet Devan's there with Kent too!!