Thursday, September 4, 2008

Katie can give Daddy kisses goodnight!


I am so excited!! I ordered Katie a Daddy Doll and it arrived in the mail today! For those who do not know what a "Daddy Doll" is... I took a picture of Scott before he deployed (specifically for turning him into a doll!) I uploaded the picture of Scott to www.hugahero.com and for a nominal fee they put the picture on fabric with the caption of your choice. We chose "Daddy loves you!" They add a pink camouflage backing, stuff it, and tada... Katie can snuggle with Daddy! I do not know if the picture is big enough, but you can read his name tape and see his 10th Mountain Combat Patch. When I showed Katelyn she was at first puzzled and then said "Daddy??" I just thought this was the coolest thing... now Katie can kiss her Daddy goodnight! I love it!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

That is adorable! How does Scott feel about being a 'doll'? I thought military men preferred 'action figure'...:-)
Hope to see everyone soon!

Angel said...

I saw those dolls advertised somewhere and I was so wishing I could afford to get one for Katie!! Wondered if Conner and Cori, Kendra and Kayla would like on too? I think those dolls are just wonderful!! Now we can sing "Oh, you beautiful doll, you great big beautiful doll" to Scott
;-)