Friday, May 9, 2008

Meet Sandy / Adress Correction



This is Sandy, the puppy (yes, she's just a puppy) that has adopted the soldiers at Steve's FOB. Isn't she neat looking? She has stolen the hearts of all the men there and she is probably the most spoiled dog in all of Afghanistan. She receives constant treats in care packages (I always add something for her) and they have trained her to do the basic commands, like sit, stay, lay down, and shake. Steve absolutely adores her.

Also, I recently received an email from our FRG saying that mail isn't getting to the soldiers consistently and we needed to change the address to make it easier for it to be sorted and sent on. Here is the address correction they gave me:
SGT Marrott, Steven R
B TRP, 1-61 CAV
TF Currahee
FOB Whazi Kwah, Terwa
APO, AE 09354
Hopefully this will make their mail more reliable. I know they've had some problems.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce you to Sandy, the unofficial mascot for 3rd Platoon, and let you know about the address correction. Have a wonderful day!
~Sheralan

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Ahhh, she looks like a sweetie! I sent out some treats for her too, I guess that is if the package even makes it. I had a weird dream that I was eating his Oreos, and I realized tahat they were supposed to be in the package and I felt very guilty! By the way Steve looks good, Danni tells everyone that her Uncle Steve is fighting in the war, I don't think she knows what it means, but it is exciting to her. How long before Scott leaves?

Angel said...

She is so cute. I hope they can find a way to bring her home. Sheralan, maybe she can go meet your wonderful neighbor that tried to run over Buddy with his lawn mower. By then she should be big enough to bite him!!

Kristie ~ I can imagine Danni telling everyone about her Uncle Steve. How cute!! Sheralan didn't mention that this past week two of their truck (2 out of 3 BRAND NEW trucks that they had to take the plastic off the seats of) were blown up by IEDs. No deaths, no serious injuries so our prayers are working! Scott leaves in June but we don't know the date, yet. The twins laughed when I told them about your dream.

Sheralan said...

Kristie, at least you only dreamed of eating his Oreos, I actually do it. I'll constantly get treats for a package I'm getting ready for Steve, then I'll get the munchies, and there goes half his package and I have to run to the store to get more. . .Then it starts all over again until I finally break down and buy two of everything so I can have my own and not eat the ones I should be sending him.

Danni is so cute. I'll have to tell Steve she goes around telling people about him. That'll give him the warm-fuzzies.

It is so great to have the twins out here! They are such wonderful girls and I am so thankful that you shared them with us for this month or so. I know my kids absolutely LOVE having more cousins to play with, especially since they rarely get to see Eve and Aurora. I took the girls to a free-clothes-give-away thing at a church, but unfortunately, there wasn't much quality. I think they each got a shirt or something. Eve might have gotten shoes, nothing noteworthy though.

Anyway, hope all the moms in the family have a wonderful mothers day!
~Sheralan

Angel said...

Kristie ~ Aurora just tried to call you to wish you happy Mothers day and you're not there. We all are having a lot of fun together and people at Church thinks my Grandchildren are so good and mature. (Eve, Aurora and Cori). Funny, no one's said that about Conner Sheralan. :-)

Happy Mother's Day to All!!

Kristie said...

Sheralan: We won't even go into my munching discretions (you can ask the twins about my stashes!!).
Mom: I tried calling you too. I'll try again - I'm glad you guys are enjoying the twins, I really am missing them...

Becky Williams said...

The dog is so cute! Steve looks like he is doing good...considering where he is at. Who has Steve this month? Should I send him a package this month?

Sheralan said...

Becky: I'm not sure. I know Kristie just sent out a package. I guess I haven't been keeping track of who is doing what. You can send one in a few weeks if you want, of course you can ALWAYS send him letters, cards, or pics. He loves those too. And since it is an APO address, it's just takes a regular stamp.

Becky Williams said...

OK...I'll wait and then send something out. I will send out a package near the end of the month, so he will get it in June. It will take me a while to gather stuff up anyway.