About 3 weeks ago Steve and his troop left Terwa and have finally met up with their brothers in arms at Gardez, where they will stay. He is excited to have indoor plumbing and heat! Squadron immediately stole Steve away from 3rd Platoon and he is now the Battle Operations NCO. This is a MUCH safer job, so we can all relax a little. He'll be working a regular schedule of 12 hours/day every day, yep, that's right, not a single day off. He is the go-between for the soldiers out in the field and the higher-ups who make the calls. He will be indoors and be doing a lot of reports and such. He's not thrilled with the job, but he is glad that it will be less stressful for all of us.
The only change in the address is instead of B-Trp, it should be HHT.
So it will look like this:
SSG Marrott, Steven R.
HHT, 1-61 CAV
FOB Gardez
TF Currahee
APO AE 09354
He should be leaving in about a month or maybe less for his R and R. And we are excited that we might be able to spend our 13th anniversary and Christmas together if the timing works out. It is looking like he will come home for good sometime in April.
Thank you all for your love, prayers, and support!
~Sheralan
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Horay! I know this has been so hard on you guys! You're one tough cookie!
I'm so thankful he's in a safer job, no matter how boring it might be to him!!! I thought he had a 12 month tour? Didn't he leave sooner than April? It just seems like he and Scott have been gone a life time!!!!
Yeah, it will actually be 13 months, but that is still a lot better than 15!
That turd burgler! If he's the battle ops NCO then he should have SIPR access and an SVOIP phone number I can call him at and he hasn't given it to me. I'm gonna smack him, he's lucky I won't be in BAF when he gets there. Actually I'm bummed about that, but you tell him he better e-mail me his contact info so I can call him.
Okay Scott, I will tell him, so hopefully he'll have emailed you by the time you're back from your mission.
Post a Comment