Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

So I woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning and I just kind of laid in bed for a while, but at 4:40 I was jumping out of bed wondering what in the heck was happening. I have felt an earthquake in CA before but it didn't feel at all like what I experienced this morning. In CA, it felt like a rolling, rocking sensation. This felt like a sharp jolting back and forth for about 10 seconds. I couldn't figure out what had happened until I finally found a news program covering it. Conner felt it too. It woke him up. The only way I can describe it is, it was like when someone grabs your shoulders and shakes you, except it was the entire house that was being shaken. It was weird.

Did anyone else around here feel it?

Kristie, did you feel it there?

Just curious.
~Sheralan

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I guess the kids feeling it at 6:00 or so this morning (at seminary) would make sence. Infact Bill just talked to me (11:00am) and said we had another one - did I feel it? No I felt nothing, either time. Maybe living so close to the river absorbs it, I'm kind of bummed!